Global Leadership Summit 2021 Volunteers
Thank you for considering to volunteer for the 2021 Global Leadership Summit! The volunteers are the crucial element that make the GLS such a fun and memorable event. The following sections provide additional details for volunteering. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the Lakeshore office at email@example.com. We can't wait to serve with you at the Summit and we hope you will join us!
What is the Global Leadership Summit?
This is a 2 day leadership event broadcast live from Willow Creek Church in Barrington, Il to our auditorium. In 2020, the event was available live online for the first time and will be again in 2021. From the volunteering point of view, it is 3 days (we set up the church the Wednesday before the event) of serving God and the guests who come through our doors to be refreshed, re-energized and inspired through excellent leadership training and the service and smiles of the volunteers.
Volunteer Food Donations
Unable to volunteer this year? You can still be a big help by donating food items for our volunteers. Visit the Volunteer Food Donations Page for details and to sign up! Thank you for your generosity!
Where can I serve?
- Registrations - Welcome the guests with smiling faces as they come through the doors, register their attendance and hand them the event materials
- Greeters - Welcome the guests with smiling faces as they come through the doors, guide and oversee them in the auditorium and direct them during breaks
- Facilities - All volunteers are a part of the facilities team. This team is dedicated to clean up after breaks and to grab other volunteers to help out
- Resources - If we have a dedicated resource table, this team oversees the books, answers questions about the materials and helps the guests purchase books at Lakeshore and online
- Food - We provide snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks. This team helps to set out the food and serves the guests during breaks
- Cafe - If we have enough volunteers, we will open the cafe during the morning when the guests arrive and during breaks and lunch
- Prayer - During the Summit, our guests or volunteers may feel the need to go to a quiet room and pray. This team is available in the prayer room during the event to greet the people who come into the room and pray with them if they desire
- Security/First Aid - This team helps to ensure all our guests and volunteers are safe and steps in to assist when a security or first aid issues arise
When do I serve?
- Setup Day - Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 9AM to 4PM - Prepare the church for the following 2 days. Breakfast and Lunch will be provided. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- GLS Day 1 - Thursday August 5, 2021, 8AM to 6PM - First day of this exciting event. Please arrive by 7:50AM so you can be ready for morning prayer at 8AM. Breakfast, Lunch and snacks throughout the day will be provided. Wear the recommended attire and comfortable shoes
- GLS Day 2 - Thursday August 5, 2021, 8AM to 6PM - Second day of this exciting event. Please arrive by 8AM so you can be ready for morning prayer at 8:15AM. Breakfast, Lunch and snacks throughout the day will be provided. We will begin resetting the church for Sunday starting around 2PM. Wear the recommended attire and comfortable shoes
What should I wear?
We want our guests to remember our volunteers as Team Lakeshore during the event on Thursday and Friday. Every volunteer is provided with a Lakeshore golf shirt and an ID badge. Please wear comfortable shoes (you may be on your feet a lot) and dark colored pants (e.g. navy, black, dark gray). No shorts or jeans, please. Dark colored capris are also fine for the women.
We do ask that the Greet Team wear pants or capris, since you will be directly interacting with the guests.
If you are serving on Wednesday (Setup Day), please wear comfortable clothes and shoes - shorts & T-shirts are fine.
What's in it for me?
There are so many untangible benefits to serving: the gracious satisfaction for serving God and the church, the opportunity to meet new people in our community and at Lakeshore, the opportunity to "try out" serving at Lakeshore in a safe place and situation, the opportunity to take in some of the GLS sessions during the down times, the opportunity to feel the presence of God and for Him to touch your life or use you to impact the lives of others. And there is so much more. Our hope is that God will use you and move you in ways you could never imagine.
Thank you so much for stopping by this page and we hope you will sign up to join us as a volunteer! You can be sure it will be 3 days of food, fun and fellowship.
- The Lakeshore GLS Lead Team